Word Q Speak Q
- Word prediction, speech recognition & screen reader
- The program predicts to aid spelling, gives examples of word useage, reads aloud text on the screen (what you’re typing or what you’re reading).
- Can also use speech recognition to ‘type’ in words.
- Can customise the dictionary to improve prediction
- Screen reader, prediction & speech recognition works within all programs/web pages (e.g. can use within email, social networking sites & web searches)
Who could benefit:
- People who can spell the first 2-3 letters of a word before getting stuck
- People who can spell words but sometimes find it easier to say a word
- All parts of the program work on PC. Mac users only have access to the word prediction & screen reading parts of the program, not the speech recognition part
Switch accessible only if using Wivick connection cable
Access: Keyboard, Mouse